Hello fellow readers! My name is Shelby and I thought I would just take a moment for you guys to get to know me!
Age: 21 (I’m a summer baby!)
School: University of Nevada – Reno class of 2016!
Major: General Studies with an emphasis in Elementary Education
Relationship Status: Taken by my awesome boyfriend since November 11, 2010!
Hobbies: Reading (duh), binge watching Netflix, writing, and hanging out with my sorority sisters and boyfriend.
Favorite Colors: Pinks/Corals, Tiffany Blue, light teal, lavender, and silver!
Diamonds or Pearls: Both – diamonds for when I want to be flashy, pearls for when I want to be classy.
Favorite childhood books: Anything Dr. Seuss or the Junie B. Jones series.
Favorite Series: HARRY POTTER (Nerd for life!) and the Princess Diaries and A Series of Unfortunate Events
Favorite Author(s): J.K. Rowling (duh), Sarah Dessen, Meg Cabot
Random fun facts:
- I lived in my sorority house for two years – it’s the best because we have a chef who makes us delicious food.
- I love staying in and watching Netflix
- I wear my sassy pants on the daily
- Belle from Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney Princess, bibliophile, and role model. I also used to think I was Princess Belle as a child.
- I collect elephants (my favorite animal – and sea turtles!), cookie jars (I have one shaped like an elephant), rubber ducks (I come from a hunting family and my sorority family is called the Duck Family), and of course books.
- My sorority’s philanthropy is my favorite (and near and dear to my heart!) Service for Sight funds and promotes sight preservation and provides assistance to those who are blind and visually impaired, as well as founding four schools for the blind.
- I am considering teaching in a school for the blind someday because I can easily relate to the students. I have a lazy eye that I am completely blind in as well as being visually impaired. I rock those glasses with thick lenses!
- I enjoy watching everything from reality TV to TV drama – like Big Brother and Sons of Anarchy.
- If someone found my iPod, people would not think it was mine because it goes from show tunes and cheer music to TSwift and explicit rap music.
- I spend way too much time on Vine and Pinterest – now WordPress and my blog related Instagram/Twitter
- When I was little my mom said I had too many books and tried to get me to get rid of them. Instead we bought two bookshelves to put them on.
Why I wanted to start a book blog: As a New Year’s Resolution for 2015, I have decided to indulge myself in the wonderful world of books. I have always been an avid reader – from birth through high school. College came along and it started to get difficult to read for pleasure, especially after a long day full of classes. Plus, sometimes you really just want to curl up and let your brain melt in front of Netflix, but 2015 is where I will get back to the thing I love: Reading!! So I created this blog (and Instagram, Twitter, and Goodreads accounts) to share my thoughts and feelings about the books I am reading with the people in this great book community!
Feel free to connect with me on any of my social media platforms:
- Instgram: @brunettewithabook
- Twitter: @brunette_book
- Snapchat: shelbaby24
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/38907981-shelby
Happy reading and I hope to hear from you guys soon!