Hello bookworms! I’ve been nominated by Loreva at La Book Dreamer for the Blogger Recognition Award! So thank yo, Loreva! I’ve been nominated before, but it’s been a while, so here I go!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
The Story of My Blog:
Well…it’s almost my blog’s 1 year anniversary! December 19th, 2014 was the day this blog was started and I started it because I wanted to. I had tried to start other blogs on sites like Blogger before they just never worked out. I never felt like my advice (or rants) about college, life, trends, etc. wasn’t good enough for people to read. So I stopped. Then one day I went to the library and came home with like twenty books. I also figured posting reviews on Goodreads.com was the least I could do.
Somehow I got the brilliant idea that I could start a blog. If you look at my first posts they aren’t the greatest and basically give a play-by-play of the books. Somewhere along the way I created a flow, got my name out there, posted semi-regularly and read books.
Granted, I ended up buying a lot of books to create a base for my blog, but I also visited the library and was given books by authors. It’s a great feeling when you get to read books first.
- Don’t give up. It doesn’t happen right away, but someone, somewhere will be touched by your thoughts and words.
- Don’t base your reading schedule on how fast others are whipping through books. It’s okay if life (especially school) gets in the way. Yes, the blog is a part of your life, but family and education/work come first!
- Put yourself out there on different forms of social media! Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, BlogLovin’ will help get your name and brand out there!
- If you’re interested in getting ARCs start out on NetGalley.com. Yeah, they’re eBooks, but it gets your name/blog out there and you get to read some big name titles if you’re lucky. Just be careful and don’t request 40 titles, because if you somehow get approved for all of them, you have to read and give feedback within a certain time period for them. NetGalley is the stepping stone if you wish to have physical ARCs sent to your house in the future.
- Be yourself. Don’t change your opinions about books just because it’s not the popular opinion of the book. Sometimes books are just over-hyped and the feelings aren’t there. This is YOUR blog. Write what YOU want to write.
So many people to choose from! Sorry if you’ve already been nominated, but here you go! I nominate:
- Dreaming Through Literature
- Overflowing Bookshelves
- Your Daughters Bookshelf
- The socially Awkward Bookworm
- The Girl Who Read Too Much
- One Little Bookshelf
- Literary, Athena
- Thistles and Whistles
- The Wednesday Blog for Books
- The Addiction of a Bookaholic
- Abbie Reads
Have fun with this post lovelies! Ya’ll are great 🙂